New Covenant Bible Church sees the Internet as an important tool in fulfilling our mission. When you are visiting our website, we collect various types of information to improve your interaction with the site and to track your usage patterns so that we can improve the site in the future. Examples of the types of data we capture are:
- Viewing Patterns
- Browser Software and Version
- Operating System
- IP address
- Search Engine Keywords
- Personally identifiable information that you provide to us
In order to track your viewing patterns and provide you with a customized website, we place a "cookie" on your computer that allows us to recognize you when you visit certain parts of our site.
Why Do We Collect This Information
The data that we capture from our website will in no way be shared or sold to any third party. Access to personal information within the church is closely monitored and available on a “need to know” basis only.
The collected data is used in two ways:
- Aggregate Information: All data that we collect regarding your usage of the site is summarized (aggregated) into reports to help us improve the site. We in no way use the data to track your personal usage of the site. The only exception to this is the use of login statistics in our involvement ministry area. This only applies to members who have a user name and password.
- Personal Information: All personal data that you provide through the site (i.e. volunteer sign-ups, class registration) will be used only for its intended purpose.
The security of the information that you provide to us is very important to us. Hence, we have taken several measures to protect your information. All transactions involving sensitive information, such as your credit/debit card number, are conducted using a SSL (Secure Socket Layer protocol) connection (for more on SSL). This connection provides increased security to the information as it is transmitted to our website. We will only use your credit/debit card number for the processing of your payment. Other sensitive information that we may collect will not be disclosed to third parties unless we are required to do so by law.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. The Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA") defines a "Child" as anyone under the age of 13. New Covenant adheres to COPPA. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information obtained through our site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Links to Other Sites
NCBC does use other vendors to enhance the site’s capabilities. Below are links to these vendors.
- Payment Data Systems: PDS is used to process credit card transactions for our online giving, registrations and purchases. More information can be found on the PDS website.
Consent and Jurisdiction
This site is controlled, operated and administered entirely within the United States. By using this site, you signify your agreement to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not disclose any personal information through this site. This Policy and the use of this site are governed by Iowa law. Any claim related to the site or this Policy shall be brought in a federal or state court in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, within one year after the claim arises. Users of the site consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts as the most convenient and appropriate for the resolution of disputes concerning this Policy. This Policy and the notices outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any third party.
If you have questions about this policy or feel that we have acted in violation of this policy, please contact Austin Spooner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or write:
Director of Information Technology
New Covenant Bible Church
3090 N Center Point Rd
Cedar Rapids, IA
Last Updated: July 30, 2014