We uphold these core beliefs as essential to the Christian faith. For a more detailed outline of these beliefs, please see the complete Statement of Faith (below).
- We believe the Bible is the inspired and authoritative Word of God and is the supreme source of truth for the Christian life.
- We believe there is one God, Creator and Ruler of the universe, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ; His virgin birth; His sinless life; His substitutionary death on a cross; His bodily resurrection; His ascension to the right hand of the Father; and His personal, imminent return.
- We believe the Holy Spirit convicts humankind of sin, regenerates the believing sinner, and empowers every believer in Christ by His indwelling presence.
- We believe all people were created in God’s image and matter deeply to Him. However, through man’s disobedience to God, all people are sinners by nature and practice.
- We believe a person receives forgiveness of sin, eternal life and a personal relationship with God by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe death seals the destiny of each person. Man will ether spend eternity with God or separated from His presence.
- We believe God established marriage as a lifelong, exclusive relationship between one man and one woman and that all intimate sexual activity outside the marriage relationship is sin.
- All Christians are members of the body of Christ, the one true Church universal. The local church is a congregation of believers who gather for worship, prayer, instruction, encouragement, mutual accountability and community with each other.
- Baptism and Communion (Lord’s Supper) are the two ordinances the Lord Jesus Christ has committed to the local body.
Statement of Faith