If you have trusted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, it's time to take the next step and make your decision known. Baptism is the best way to express your faith and reflect your life change.
The word baptize means to “dip or to wash.” Water baptism is an external symbol of the internal washing and renewal that takes place when a person trusts in Jesus Christ.
Baptism is also symbolic of your union with Jesus Christ. Paul wrote, “Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” Romans 6:3-4.
Why be Baptized?
- To follow Christ’s example of being baptized. Mark 1:9-11.
- Jesus commanded us to be baptized. He told his followers, “Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 28:19.
- This was the example we see in the early Christian church. While Paul was a missionary in the city of Corinth, “Many of the Corinthians who heard him believed and were baptized.” Acts 18:8.
Our main reason for being baptized is to express our love for Jesus and our obedience to His Word.
Who Should Be Baptized?
Every person who has trusted Jesus Christ as their Savior should be baptized. In Acts 2:37-38 the apostle Peter says “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ.”
After conversion, a believer is ready to be baptized. There are no other requirements than trusting in Christ as your personal Savior and Lord. In passages such as Acts 2:41, 8:12 and 10:47-48, it is evident that baptism follows an individual’s decision to trust Christ alone for salvation.
At New Covenant baptism is offered quarterly. Once a year, in the summer, there is a baptism at our Summer Picnic. Please call the church office for the next scheduled baptism or see below.
Here are the steps we recommend for someone who wants to be baptized.
Please fill out the online Baptism Application. You can then return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and mail it to the church office.
- A pastor will contact you to answer any questions you may have.
- Attend a one-hour Baptism Class, usually held a week or two before your baptism.
Our Next Baptism
Our next baptism is Sunday, October 28 at our Summer Picnic and Baptism at South Troy City Park in Robins. The Baptism Class is Sunday, October 21. Apply online.