Days for Girls Workshops | 1:00-4:00 PM
Second Saturdays of the month - Please note: Our June workshop will be on June 18.
Meet in the High School Room
Imagine… What if your love for sewing, or your stash of fabric or cash donation, or your willingness to cut/iron fabric could help girls break free from poverty & reach their full potential? What if YOU could make a difference?
Join the NCBC Days for Girls Team! We will meet at New Covenant Bible Church on the second Saturdays of the month from 1:00-4:00 PM! We will be working on menstrual kits for women and girls all over the globe. Come and go as you please. No sewing experience is required. But if you would like to sew, bring your machine and sewing supplies. Families can come and serve together; there are jobs for everyone.
Come to the north entrance - we will have carts available to help transport sewing machines.
Contact Regina Behmlander at DaysforGirlsNCBC@gmail.com for more info. Learn more at daysforgirls.org or on Facebook.com/DaysforGirls.
- Panties – quality cotton color briefs or hipsters (Girls Size 16 or Adult Sizes 5-10)
- Washcloths – store-bought only, med/dark color
- Hotel size soap bars only
- Thread – 100% polyester, bright colors preferred/ for both sergers and sewing machines
- Sergers - 4 thread (working order, industrial machines welcome)
- Sewing machines (working order)
- A foldable quilting table for cutting fabric
- Raw materials - See specifications for raw material donations
Volunteer at home
You can volunteer at home. We need volunteers to pre-wash fabric, cut fabric, or add snaps. There are several non-sewing tasks needed to complete kits; kids can help too. Or if you are an experienced sewist you can sew kits at home.
Monetary gifts are used to purchase panties and raw materials in bulk. We can purchase quality fabrics at a very low wholesale price, so your monetary donations are very important. Please make checks payable to NCBC with “Days for Girls” in the memo line. Gifts are tax-deductible.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
About Days for Girls
Every Girl. Everywhere. Period. Every day matters to her. Without a solution to manage her monthly cycle: 1 in 10 girls in Sub-Saharan Africa... 113 million adolescent girls in India... 30% of girls in rural Brazil... will miss 3-5 days of school this year. Around the world, girls and women resort to using rags, mattress stuffing, banana leaves, feathers, moss, and even cow dung to manage their menstruation. Resolving this issue is key to social change for women all over the world. The poverty cycle can be broken when girls stay in school.
Days for Girls provides:
- A safe, beautiful, washable, and long-lasting alternative along with vital health education.
- Reusable, washable menstrual care kits to allow girls to attend school, to work, to live!
- Kits to our Global Outreach Partners to use as a tool to bridge needs to provide the gospel.
- Amazing kits for girls in our OWN city, too! Disposable products are a burden to those who are under-resourced!
What's in a Kit?
1 drawstring bag, 2 moisture barrier shields, 8 absorbent tri-fold liners, 1 waterproof transport bag, 1 washcloth, 2 pairs of panties, 1 travel-size soap, 1 instrument sheet.
Learn more at www.daysforgirls.org or www.Facebook.com/DaysforGirls.