Join the NCBC Days for Girls Team!
Every Girl. Everywhere. Period. Every day matters to her. Without a solution to manage her monthly cycle: 1 in 10 girls in Sub-Saharan Africa... 113 million adolescent girls in India... 30% of girls in rural Brazil... will miss 3-5 days of school this year. Around the world, girls and women resort to using rags, mattress stuffing, banana leaves, feathers, moss, and even cow dung to manage their menstruation. Resolving this issue is key to social change for women all over the world. The poverty-cycle can be broken when girls stay in school.
Days for Girls provides:
- A safe, beautiful, washable, and long-lasting alternative along with vital health education.
- Reusable, washable menstrual care kits to allow girls to attend school, to work, to live!
- Kits to our Global Outreach Partners to use as a tool to bridge needs to provide the gospel.
- Amazing kits for girls in our OWN city, too! Disposable products are a burden to those who are under-resourced!
What if your love for sewing, or your stash of fabric or cash donation, or your willingness to cut/iron fabric could help girls break free from poverty & reach their full potential? What if YOU could make a difference?
Days for Girls Workshops | Second Saturday of the month
1:00-4:00 PM in the High School Room
Come as you please and no sewing experience required. But if you would like to sew, bring your machine and sewing supplies. Families can come and serve together; there are jobs for everyone.
Please RSVP via email to DaysforgirlsNCBC@gmail.com
August 8 - hopefully!
What's in a Kit?
1 drawstring bag, 2 moisture barrier shields, 8 absorbent tri-fold liners, 1 waterproof transport bag, 1 washcloth, 2 pairs of panties, 1 travel-size soap, 1 instrument sheet.
For More Information
Please Contact Ruth Stavlund at DaysforGirlsNCBC@gmail.com
- Panties – quality cotton color briefs or hipsters (Girls Size 16 or Adult Sizes 5-10)
- Washcloths – store-bought only, med/dark color
- Hotel size soap bars only
- Thread – 100% polyester, bright colors preferred/ for both sergers and sewing machines
- Sergers - 4 thread (working order, industrial machines welcome)
- Sewing machines (working order)
- A foldable quilting table for cutting fabric
- Raw materials - See specifications for raw material donations
Volunteer at home
You can volunteer at home. We need volunteers to pre-wash fabric, cut fabric, or add snaps. There are several non-sewing tasks needed to complete kits; kids can help too. Or if you are an experienced sewist you can sew kits at home.
Monetary gifts are used to purchase panties and raw materials in bulk. We can purchase quality fabrics at a very low wholesale price, so your monetary donations are very important. Please make checks payable to NCBC with “Days for Girls” in the memo line. Gifts are tax-deductible.
Learn more at www.daysforgirls.org or www.Facebook.com/DaysforGirls.